Thursday, February 5, 2009

I Get By With A Little Help...

Some of my friends are in the midst of booking the first tour for their band.
I'm actually really proud of and happy for them.
My closest friends are the ones who've stood up and paved their own paths. They've built their own lives based on what they want to accomplish with their time and their talents.
If you want my respect, work for what you have and what you want.
If you are the company you keep, then they raise the standard for me.

One friend works for one of the major conglomerate movie companies in L.A. Another works for the World Bank. Anne is a professor at a Public Ivy League college...

I'm proud of you guys, even though I'd flinch inside a little if I knew that any of you actually read this...


I saw Milk yesterday.
I have a really soft spot in my heart for Emile Hirsch.
I really, really liked the movie. It was the exact tone of all of my favorite movies: quiet, thoughtful... sad but still hopeful.

The trailer even features part of my favorite line from the movie: I don't do losing. Ever.

Me and you both, Emile.

No comments: