Thursday, April 2, 2009

Insomnia-ia-ia.

If I'm going to be online, this is the last thing I should be doing. Well, this and say, Bejeweled or some nonsense.
I have a ton of stuff to be writing. And I have to code two sections for the website, one of which broke the website into a million tiny pieces which I just spent the last five hours picking up and gluing back together.

Yeah.
Fuck that.

Just two things, though:

1. I can't quit.
In terms of vices, I don't have an addictive personality. But I can't walk away from a project. I can throw my hands up 12 times in just as many minutes and half-convince myself that I need to walk away, but I will sit at the computer for five very long fucking hours piecing a website back together when I have no idea what the hell I'm doing.

Wordpress tutorials, I owe you my firstborn.


2. I made a list of everything that I need to think about, be aware of, and be careful to not forget about during the next month.
The list is two pages long. With notes in the margins. And that was just off the top of my head.

Emails, CDs, moving information, bill information, shit to write about, things to update, people to contact, travel plans, interview questions, names, dates...

It's a good sign. If I had to be this busy doing someone else's work and sitting in a cubicle all day, I'd crack down the middle.
But for some reason, the list made me kinda sad. Then that made me feel guilty.


I need to go to bed. While I'm crawling around in my head like a meth fiend, normal people are sleeping.
I should look into it.

No comments: