Sunday, December 14, 2008

And I'd Like To Interview You Or Someone From Your Band...

My bedroom and general workspace is a mess. A flurry of papers and CDs and notes and magazines.

Mess.


It's a little embarrassing. I'm 25. You'd think I'd have my shit more together than this.

However.
It is also a little exciting. Because rather than my room being cluttered with the random crap that would've made it a mess even two years ago, it's now full of music journalism stuff.
CDs from bands, PR people, and record labels.
Notes and research from previous interviews.
Ideas written on pieces of scrap paper (some of which I've actually been inspired enough to actualize).
Contact information.
Concert ticket stubs.
The past seven issues of Esquire magazine...

That's all it is. My field disaster area of dreams.
Oh.
And four loads of unfolded laundry.

I'd rather scrub three toilets and cook dinner all week than fold one load of laundry.

No comments: