Sunday, December 7, 2008

The Soul/Soldier Dichotomy



If you can hold on, hold on.


Maybe I'd never really listened to it before.
Maybe I just hadn't experienced enough life to truly hear it.
But I just felt the song "All These Things That I've Done" by The Killers.
It was the first song I really liked by the band.
... Funny how these things come full circle. I think you can know before you ever really know.

I have no idea what the song is really about, but in my mind, it was written about me.

Another head aches, another heart breaks
I'm so much older than I can take
And my affection, well it comes and goes
I need direction to perfection, no no no no


Sometimes things are like that.
Music is like advice in that way.
Sometimes things sound right. And you can appreciate them for their goodness and because you have a certain relationship with the source. But that doesn't mean that they fit.
When something is right, it fills this puzzle piece of a void. It's a light bulb moment.
You don't have to mash a square edge into a round corner just to finish the puzzle.

Anyway. Brandon Flowers looks like a different dude every time I see him.

No comments: