Sunday, January 25, 2009

The One Where I Write About Fruit Phones, Primarily

I've done it.



I'm a Blackberry owner. Was it the most financially responsible choice I've made this year? Um... no. But managing my life was becoming increasingly problematic without access to real email-- attachments and all.
It had come down to a really intelligent phone or a laptop. So I made the more fiscally cognizant choice, even though choosing neither would've been the best choice of all.

Buyer's remorse is the story of my life.
I could've fed like, a whole African village for a month using what I just spent on that damn phone.
... I don't want to talk about it anymore. And if you see me on the street, do not hi-five me for my illogical purchase. I just needed it because I want to be a writer and I don't want to serve tables when I'm 76 and... and... agh.

I'll make it up to you, Africa. I promise.

I almost almost went for the Blackberry Bold, but there were more dollar signs in my eyes than there were in my wallet, so I needed to really reel it in.
I don't wanna be one of those assholes who has to make sure everyone sees her $2000 (I exaggerate) phone just to feel as if I'm getting something out of it. My status symbol will be that I enjoy making my life a little easier, not that I'm stupid enough to spend too much money on shit that I don't need.

In better news, I've fallen into a deep, dark, and wonderful pit of good music this week-- or maybe I'm just really open-minded right now.

I just wrote an almost complete update for the site in this general vicinity. That's no good. Read everything else I'd planned to blab about here instead.

Or (and?) just feel free to listen to one of my favorite (current) rock singers, Will Hoge:



... and pay close attention to 2:34. Because I feel the same. exact. way.

No comments: