Thursday, January 15, 2009

Perks.

My interview with Glasvegas was great. They are a really nice group of people-- so much so that they decided I was cool enough to attend the concert with a plus one, despite its sold out-edness and with complete disregard for fire safety ordinances. So, because of Glasvegas, I got to see Carl Barat play live. For free.


cornered, the boy kicked out at the world. the world kicked back a lot fuckin' harder.


Feel free to disagree, but this is a once in a lifetime-type experience for me. No matter what else I do in this life, I will have gotten to see Carl Barat play live in my home state because of Glasvegas.
That. is neat.

We spent a portion of the Glasvegas set standing next to Carl. Inside, I was a groupie who just wanted to be creepy and take pictures of him with my phone. Outside, I pretended to not notice by holding a conversation with a very cool photographer named Boone, who I still need to email.

Music journalism is the best thing I've ever done for myself.

Related: I am someone who loves to be busy. I love being too busy to be busy.
I only have time to talk about the time I don't have.
But this week has proven a bit overwhelming. To get things done, I have to travel-- but in traveling, I can't get anything done.
It's something I need to learn to juggle.

And! Dude. I saw Carl Barat play live.
I am crossing it off my List.
He's got kind of a see you in another life, brother/Desmond from Lost look about him, right? Maybe it's just the shirt. And the hair. And the face.

P.S. I really like Kelly Clarkson, but based on the rules I've set for the site, I can't write about her unless I have to. And I can't write about music that I don't like (-- which, I'm learning, means we have a lot less content than I'd like). That said, I can tell you here that Kelly Clarkson is better than her new song, "My Life Would Suck Without You". Way to not try, Clive Davis. We really do need more of that in the music industry...

2 comments:

Sara said...

I can't stop watching the video you posted to my blog- Tony Lucca and Ernie Halter? SO good.

...anne said...

That just may be one of my favorite videos on YouTube. I'm glad you like it!

Some people, like Scott Weiland, are just built to be musicians.
Though not to the same extent that you feel it, I love "Big Empty", too. I don't understand the type of person who wouldn't. Do those people hate happiness?! haha