Wednesday, January 7, 2009

They Come In Fours.

One. Though I never would really admit to the severity of it, I was totally one of those dog owners. In my cell phone pictures, I have a folder entitled "Sam." Because I am that kind of parent.


12.10.08


He is giving the camera the Crazy Eye.
He was vicious the worst guard dog ever. Don't let that picture fool you.

I didn't talk about him ad nauseum, but Samson was home. So I am still sad.


Two. On the second day of the new year, I was taking a walk and I saw got to be part of this:



Oregon is like that.
Just when you couldn't be more done and you think you've had all you can take, it hands you more beauty than you can handle.


Three. I can't write lately. I have too much to say and no one to say it to. So I am contemplating a trip to Andy on Sunday.
I like spending time with Evan and Andy. They make me laugh, and they're logical in a way that I can align myself with. When I have issues that need to be addressed, I like to make my way north and sit on their couch in my pajamas and vent. Or just watch tv with them.
... Both are equally as therapeutic.


Four. There are people who appear in the magazines and I don't know who they are. I've never seen anything they've done and their careers are over already. They're famous for maybe 10 minutes. Real careers, I think, take a long time to unfold. - Matt Damon.

I like Matt Damon. He wrote Good Will Hunting and that is a fantastic movie that lives close to my heart.






I could only aspire to write something so great.

So I have respect for Matt Damon as a writer. My greatest heroes are writers, so I hold that in high regard.
And though that quote is a pretty common sentiment, it came to me at just the right time. I would like to feel proud of whatever writing career I build for myself. I don't want to be rich by Thursday, and I don't want instant fame. But I do want to be able to be proud of what I've created, even if only for myself.
I'm cheesy and pretentious in that way.

I've been frustrated lately.
That quote helped.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

These photos are wonderful

...anne said...

Thank you! I took them with my cell phone, haha. I think the goodness of the pictures I take has more to do with being lucky enough to be in the right place at the right time, but I appreciate it nonetheless.